I’m not one to watch much TV. That being said, I’m embarrassed to say I don’t binge watch many shows either (insert monkey covering eyes emoji). No matter how hard I try, it will take me a really long time to finish a series. It might just be because I have the constant need to always be doing something and I always feel anxious when I’m not! I also get a really big headache and achy eyes when I’m in front of my laptop for too long.
Summer has given me the flexibility to try and make myself watch more TV. No homework and no studying (yay!) have given me a lot more freedom. This summer I’ve found myself watching a light-hearted drama, a reality show, documentary news series, and many, many game shows.
Here’s what I’ve been watching so far:
- Gilmore Girls: I’ve been watching Gilmore Girls since January, I believe. I honestly cannot remember when I started it. Gilmore Girls is the only series I am watching on Netflix because I cannot get myself to start a new series until I finish the one I am currently watching. Gilmore Girls is fun, light-hearted, and really sucks you in with the different story lines. The mother-daughter duo between Lorelei and Rory is great! The characters on their own is a different story, though. Don’t get me started on that. Nonetheless, Gilmore Girls is a great show! I highly recommend it. If you’re looking for a quirky show with some great quotes that will occasionally pop-up between scenes, then Gilmore Girls is for you!
- Big Brother: This show has been on for 19 seasons and it is the first time I am actually watching it. My sister got me into this show and ever since that first episode of season 19, I’ve been hooked! This reality game show has it all. Tune in to #BB19 and you’ll find romance, manipulation, friendship, cattiness, humor, and so much more! I honestly don’t know why I didn’t start watching this show sooner. I am still what some fans may call a “casual viewer” as I don’t keep up with all the live feeds and only tend to watch the episodes that air on tv. Although maybe someday I’ll tune in to all of the live feeds like my sis does. Thanks Lisa!
- Documentary News Series: I’m usually up by 8am every morning. That’s just the way my body works! Because of this though, I am able to catch up on all of the morning news shows. Along with my local news station, I’ll catch Good Morning America, Live! with Kelly and Ryan, and occasionally, The View. This is a great way to catch up on current events. What’s really been drawing me in are shows like What would you do? and 20/20.
- Game Shows: The last thing on my list is a little more fun and not so serious as the last bullet. I’ve been watching so many game shows I can’t keep count! Family Feud, Celebrity Name Game, Wheel of Fortune, Let’s Make a Deal, Celebrity Family Feud, etc. It seems like these things are always on and they take no effort at all! They also never fail to make me laugh and it’s fun to get involved in the game as well.
Well friends, these are currently the shows I can’t stop watching. As a bonus, I’ll add some of my all time favorite shows here:
- Anything with Anthony Bourdain
- Pretty Little Liars
- Family Guy
- The Office
- That 70’s show
- Parks and Recreation
- American Horror Story
- Gossip Girl
- Friday Night Lights
- Black Mirror
- Bob’s Burgers
- Orange is the New Black
What are some of your favorite shows? I’d also love some recommendations! Let me know in the comments below!